- Julia Loucks has joined the quartet as 2nd violin. Photos to follow shortly!
- Review from our concert in Huddersfield http://www.examiner.co.uk/whats-on/arts-culture-news/review-jubilee-string-quartet—7935588 ”…red blooded intensity and touching tenderness”
- The Quartet win 2nd prize at the Karol Szymanowski International String Quartet Competition, Poland.
- Review by Claude Gingras in Canadian publication, La Presse http://www.lapresse.ca/arts/musique/musique-classique/201408/24/01-4794158-mcgill-bouleversant-schubert.php Translation:
“The Jubilee Quartet interpreted Haydn’s op. 77/1 with both a refinement and depth that may surprise considering their young age, and Szymanowski’s 2nd Quartet, fulfilling its countless subtleties through the most charming journey of sound.”
- Jubilee Quartet reviewed in the February issue of The Strad Magazine (Tillett Trust Young Artists Platform, Wigmore Hall 11th November 2013) :-
“After the interval came the Jubilee Quartet with Britten’s third quartet. The first movement was both forthright and delicate, the balance immaculate, and the inner movements were full of character, with pure, subtly shaped playing in the Solo movement, and a tough, primary-coloured Burlesque to follow. The Recitative and Passacaglia proceeded inexorably to final, exquisite beauty.” Tim Homfray
- The Jubilee Quartet wins Third Prize at the Trondheim International Chamber Music Competition for String Quartets (TICC)
- ’and, as climactic highpoint, the Jubilee Quartet’s riveting rendition of Janacek’s String Quartet no.2 Intimate Letters ; indeed this all-women ensemble displayed gutsy vitality, impressively drawing out every ounce of drama and passion’ (from a review by Malcolm Miller)
- The Jubilee Quartet have been awarded funding from the Hattori Foundation
- We are delighted to announce we will be Park Lane Group (PLG) Artists for 2014
- We are pleased to announce that we will be fellows at the Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance from September 2013-2014, where we will hold the Richard Carne Junior Fellowship for String Quartet
Jubilee Quartet win the St.Martin in the Fields Chamber Music Competition 2013 (photo:Marc Gascoigne)
- We are award winners of the Worshipful Company of Musicians and will perform in a shared recital at the Wigmore Hall on the 7th July 2014
- Jubilee Quartet in the Final of the Royal Overseas League Chamber Music Competition, 5th March 7pm
- Jubilee Quartet Review in Music and Vision Magazine (18th Feb 2013)
by Simon Broughton
“The finale was Janácek’s String Quartet No 2, Intimate Letters, played by the all female Jubilee Quartet – Janácek would probably have enjoyed that. This was the ‘Passion’ part of the programme and the girls brought out all the drama – the pleading violins, answered by a cold sul ponticello viola phrase, complete with a turned up nose from Stephanie Edmundson, and a look of steely indifference, from Lauren Steel on the cello. This was a magnificent performance that showed for me what a uniquely brilliant composer Janácek was — the colours, the innovation, the melody, the passion, the persecution — they were all there and more.”
- We are award winners of the Tillett Trust and will be making our Wigmore Hall debut on the 11th November 2013!
Jubilee Quartet Beethoven Op.18 no.4 Live, Weimar 2012
November 2012 The Jubilee Quartet are finalists in the 6th International Joseph Joachim Chamber Music Competition, Weimar!
For details follow this link: http://www.hfm-weimar.de/v1/veranstaltungen/wettbewerbe/kammermusikwettbewerb/2012/teilnahme.php?lang=en
September 2012 The Jubilee Quartet are pre-selected from four quartets attending the Trondheim International Chamber Music Academy to compete in the Trondheim International String Quartet Competition 2013